Spring is a time of new beginnings. It is the time to plant the seeds of our dreams and to nourish the soil (the activities) that will support our goals. The element of wood energy becomes dominant; its energy moves downward and upward like the first saplings of green plants. It is a time of explosion. As we begin to see the world awakening from its slumbering sleep into an awakening of life, the colors green and other bright jewel tones of spring’s flowers are all around. It is a time of regeneration. To take part of this energy, add visible signs of progress and vitality into your home by repainting a wall, repairing a broken chair or by substituting the winter’s colors with accent colors of the various shades of greens or other bright jeweled colors found in the spring’s buds. Create a feeling of freshness as you open the doors and window, allowing the seasonal winds to dance lightness into your environments. As you spring clean, store away the items of winter and replace them with a tall cylinder shaped vase (springs’ energy is characterized by this shape) filled with fresh tall stemmed flowers and watch the magic of creativity and productivity take hold.
7 Spring Ideas for Home & Life
- Add colors of spring to your home and wardrobe which include the bright jewel tones of the blooming flowers that are all around you. In addition, the color green is a very important color. The yellowish-greens are some of my favorites – as they are the first colors that emerge out of the winter’s slumber.
- Open the front and back doors as well as your windows for 5 minutes for several days to allow the stagnant air of winter to be released as you invite the new winds of change in your home and spirit. Use lemon or orange citrus aromatherapy or lavender to invite the good spirits in.
- Change your sheets and take out your trash bins daily for 7 days to get the old energy of winter moving into new and creative places.
- Move or fling away 27 things per day for 27 days encourages moving forward into action.
- Take up the heavy rugs on your floors and the shawls and pillows on your beds, sofa and chairs. Lighten things up!
- Take short brisk walks in the morning and/or early evening to get your energy moving.
- Plant new seeds. Just like a garden, spring is the perfect time to plant those new seeds of your desires/goals/dreams. Ask yourself what has begun to grow this New Year that I want to work on harvesting in my life? Make a list of these and steps as to how to bring them into fruition on your calendar.