Here in the Northern Hemisphere we are experiencing Summer Time.
There is power in the being in the Now. Summertime allows us to be and experience this power. Being more present can take many forms, from the lively carpe diem (seize the day) to the enjoyment of life and in the quiet moments we experience as we play in nature during the summertime. By spending time in nature, whether you are gardening, taking a walk or meeting friends for lunch and sitting at an outdoor table all of our senses become alive when we are outdoors. The summer days are filled with light allowing the growing cycle to increase at a faster rate and this is equally true with our dreams and goals.
Here are some tips and suggestions for summer that are sure to help you find harmony inside and out.
Inner Harmonious Feng Shui Suggestions:
- Build sand castles; unleash the play in your life.
- Dig into your passion, find your passion again as you do more of what you love to do in play as this will ignite the fire in the belly for the entire year. What did you love to do as a young child?
- Relax, let go and surrender.
External Harmonious Feng Shui tips:
- Balance the intensity of the sun and heat with the water element. Water features like fountains or water in a crystal bowl with floating flowers placed on your table are a few ideas to bring in the water element. Images of water in artwork, as well as the water colors of blue and green are additional ways to bring in the coolness of the water element.
- Lighten the colors and fabrics in your spaces. Change out your pillows, bedding, rugs, and curtains to lighter colors and in weight. Think light, breezy like the oceans’ colors and textures as well.
- Bring the inside out! Set up an outdoor space for yourself, where you and spend time relaxing outdoors. Add elements like a bamboo umbrella or paper lanterns to create relaxing spaces to read that favorite book.
Attend a free lecture in Boise on June 20, 2015.
Date: June 20, 2015
Hidden Springs Branch Library
5868 W. Hidden Springs Drive
Boise, ID 83714
Please let me know that you will be attending and you will receive a free gift. To sign up for any of the above, email me or call 208.672.1649.