Holiday season is often busy but winter is the time for rest and renewal. Remember to give yourself the gift of restoration during these holidays and you will have more to give others. My favorite gift to myself is creating a holiday environment that connects with my soul. A soulful environment’s main purpose is to help you to relax completely and give you a space, place and time to renew and restore.
Make your home extra comfortable, safe, warm and relaxing during this holiday season.
- Add warm colors in accents and accessories throughout the home. Red is my favorite but you can also add yellow, orange even teal, or fuchsia as they have warm undertones. Think balance; make sure you balance any warm colors with a little bit of the cooler colors, blue, green or purple.
- Add layers; think of the layers of clothes we add to our bodies at this time of the year and do the same with our homes, for example, an extra rug on the floor, another throw over a favorite chair or multiple pillows on your sofa.
- Switch out your artwork to artwork that contains images of candles, lights or sunlight.
- Clean your stove and fireplaces to pump up the element of fire.
- Keep your teapot filled along with a fresh supply of teas on the countertop ready to go.
- Bring in aromatherapy in scents of pine, cinnamon, frankincense and basil in candles or through cooking.
- Plug in night lights in every room throughout the house to add a gentle continual feeling of warmth during the dark nights.
- Make a grouping of various sizes and types of candles on trays and place them in the main areas of your home. (You can use the battery operated ones as well.)
- Stack a pile of books near a comfortable chair that you can take a break throughout the day and read.
- Make a fire or turn on the gas in your fireplace and bake some cookies for a warm, cozy night.