Your front door is your home’s first impression, but more importantly it is the gateway through which you bring vitality and energy into your life. Make your entrance grand and well-defined. Make sure it reflects a happy, joyful and prosperous household. Nate Berkus says, “Your home should rise up to greet you,” and at the end of the day, it should ground you in a sense of peace.” In the world of Feng Shui, this is also true. Make sure that your home’s entrance feels inviting, inspiring and that it provides you with a sense of beauty and stability. Any irritations experienced in your front entrance area or getting to your front door will be replicated in your life. Anything blocking your view towards the roadway can block you in your life – so make sure you have a free view in front of your door for at least 20 feet or more if possible.
Here are a few suggestions to bring in more energy, harmony and success:
- Keep your front door area clean and inviting.
- Make sure nothing is obstructing the energy and view from the front door for at least 20 feet or more.
- Make sure that your doorway is clearly marked with plantings, statures or door guardians and well-lit.
- Clean windows around the front door area.
- Summertime is about extreme growth- so having an oversized pot of flowers is a way to show up in abundance.
- Add bright colors through flowers, pots, or any other decorative element lifts the energy.
- Add or replace a worn welcome mat.
- Place a bench or chair near the door to invite quests in.
- Hang a seasonal banner, wreath or plaque near the front door.
- What colors are best on your front Door?
There is a great article about what colors to paint your front door, depending on the direction that you face as you look out from your door. If you decide you don’t want to paint your front door one of these colors, then you have an great option of simply adding the directional colors in an element such as the color of the flowers, or banner etc. Have fun with this! Even a small shift brings big results. You can find more information here.