Thanksgiving is a unique American tradition that was officially set as a national day of celebration the 3rd Thursday of the month of November by Abraham Lincoln in 1863. It is an event in which we celebrate the pilgrim’s safe arrival to the new World.
While the celebration continues with some of the original theme of giving thanks, face it for most of us, Thanksgiving is the start of a flurry of the holiday season, filled with extra duties, and endless errands and a never-ending list of things that must be done. We are often stressed and exhausted as a result. Often there is very little harmony during this time of the year. The practice of Gratitude is often thrown out the window when we are stressed – and yet it is the very one practice needed to restore harmony to our lives. Below I have one practice that I use to bring back the practice of Gratitude in my life, and that I know will help you as well.
Early Morning Stream of Appreciation and Gratitude Practice
Start your day with this simple, yet powerful exercise. Before rolling out of bed, spend 5 minutes identifying and saying to you everything that you love, appreciate and are grateful for within the present moment, followed by the next moment and then the next.
I love my soft bed and pillow.
I so appreciate and am grateful for the birds singing outside my window.
I love the color on my walls.
I am so grateful that my children are safe and sound sleeping in the next room.
…and so forth until you feel filled with love, gratitude and appreciation for your life. It’s a very powerful practice so be fully warned, you will become filled with joy and happiness and everyone around you will too is just a few days.
An additional cure for raising vibration is by inviting others over for a party. Thanksgiving is the perfect time to do this.
Below are some harmony tips to help in preparing a space that is sure to delight your quests and bring in that beneficial energy of “All is well” feeling.
How you can boost your personal energy and raise your vibration during Thanksgiving? Here are a few ways bring greater harmony into your Thanksgiving Celebration within your home:
- Make sure your pathway to your home is clear and clean.
- Place a cheerful wreath or something decorative near the front door.
- Use white or off –white dishes to show off your food, add color with assortment of green, red and orange vegetables/fruits.
- Add fragrance-free votive candles around the table to create a sense of warmth and joy.
- Add fresh flowers with pumpkins, apples and gourds and fruit to lift the energy at the table.
- Make the centerpieces low to encourage conversation.
- Add a mirror on the wall next to your dining table to multiply your feast and your abundance.
- Create a signature dish and share the recipe on a 3 by 5 card and hand out as a gift.